Although large and intelligent meth lab set ups may use commercial laboratory equipment, the vast majority are made up of general house-hold items such as thermoses, mason jars, bottles, batteries, cans, tubing and window screens. Meth cooks are extremely resourceful with the materials they source and use to produce the drugs, as well as locations used to cook. Most Meth Labs are found in residential properties, however, authorities have been finding an increasing number in motels, cars, motorhomes, sheds, abandoned buildings and even home-made tunnels and caves.
Although each Meth Lab Decontamination job has its own unique set of difficulties, almost all will be divided into primary and secondary contamination areas.
Typical primary areas of contamination include:
- Cooking areas: Gross contamination in these areas is always evident and can be caused by spills, fumes, explosions and gasses created during the cooking process.
- Disposal areas: Anywhere chemicals, by-products or materials used to manufacture methamphetamine are disposed of including toilets, sinks, drains, vents, chimney flumes, soil, water and groundwater including supplies, bins and septic systems.
- Storage areas: Meth Lab decontamination will also need to occur in areas the cook meth and drugs have been stored. Leaks, spills and open containers all have the possibility of cause contamination
Secondary areas of a meth lab contamination includes, but is not limited to:
- Locations adjacent, or near, to any primary area including hallways or high traffic areas
- Common areas in multiple dwelling structures and adjacent apartment including floors, walls, ceilings, carpeting, light fixtures, draperies and other textile products
- Common ventilation or plumbing systems in hotels and multiple dwellings
All meth lab decontamination jobs have their own unique set of difficulties and problematic areas. If you or a loved one is faced with the daunting and overwhelming situation of a meth lab decontamination, don’t hesitate to contact Meth Lab Cleaners Australia. Our team of qualified, experienced and professional team of meth lab cleanup technicians are on standby, ready to talk you through our comprehensive service to assist in the clean up and remediation of a property or area affected by a Meth lab. Meth Lab Cleaners Australia is ready to provide you with assessment, testing and decontamination as part of our complete meth residue decontamination process.